SMD Non-Shielded Power Inductor (SMD wirewund inductor)
Unshielded SMD power inductors / Open magnetic SMD power inductors
A non-shielded SMD power inductor is a type of passive electronic component that is used to store energy in the form of a magnetic field when a current flows through it. It is a surface mount device which could carry high saturation current and suitable for use in various electronic circuits and systems. Non-shielded SMD power inductors are typically used in applications where a high level of electromagnetic interference (EMI) is not a concern. They are commonly used in power supply circuits, DC-DC converters, and other types of electronic circuits where high currents are present.
Despite the non-shielded SMD power inductors are usual used on the application which electromagnetic interference (EMI) is not highly concerned. The raw material we used is still high-quality, such as copper wire, ferrite cores, and plastic housing, and are designed to operate over a wide range of temperatures and frequencies.
Several advantage to use the unshielded SMD power inductor:
Cost effective: Non-shielded inductors are generally cheaper to manufacture than shielded inductors because of the simple production process and less expensive raw material, which can make open magnetic SMD power inductors more attractive to cost-sensitive applications.
1. Dimension: Unshielded inductors tend to be smaller in size than shielded inductors because the unshielded inductor has no ferrite ring core, and the smaller dimension can be beneficial in applications where space is limited.
2. EMI performance: Shielded inductors are designed to reduce electromagnetic interference (EMI) by providing a barrier between the inductor's magnetic field and external electronics (use the ring core to be isolated). However, in some cases, the EMI performance of a non-shielded inductor may be sufficient for the application, making a shielded inductor unnecessary.
3. Reliability: Non-shielded inductors may be more reliable in some applications because they have fewer parts, making them less prone to failure.
- Tiny size and thin
- Open magnetic construction
- The electrode with ferrite core directly, good for high mounting density.
- Smart phone, Tablet, Portable devices - Power line filtering.
- DC to DC converters.
High current wire-wound space-saving SMD power inductor-SDO / SDH series, both series is open...
Wire-wound SMD high current unshielded power inductor SDR series. Non-shielded construction...
SMD Non-Shielded Power Inductor (SMD wirewund inductor) | High Current Power Inductor Manufacturer | Coilmaster Electronics
Located in Taiwan since 1995, Coilmaster Electronics Co., Ltd. has been a manufacturer of magnetic components. Its main magnetic components include, SMD Non-Shielded Power Inductor (SMD wirewund inductor), common mode chokes, SMD molding power chokes, chock coil inductors, SMD shielded and semi-shielded power inductors, low profile and high current power inductors, high voltage power inductors, ethernet and LAN power transformers, flat wire inductors, RJ45 jacks with integrated magnetics and high frequency transformers, and ceramic or air coil multilayer chip inductors.
Coilmaster is a professional manufacturer for inductor, common mode choke and transformer. Our vision is “Creating high-performance inductors, reducing energy loss, and contributing to sustainable” To achieve this, our engineer team is keen to design the power inductor to have better efficiency. With more than 20 years of experience in magnetic territory, Coilmaster Electronics is specialized in the production of SMD power inductors, common mode choke, high frequency transformers.
Coilmaster Electronics has been providing customers with high current power inductors since 1995, with both advanced technology and 20 years of experience, Coilmaster Electronics ensures that each customer's requirements are met.